Welcome to the Department of Public Welfare
DPW’s Mission and Vision Statements
Our vision is to see Pennsylvanians living safe, healthy and independent lives.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania’s individuals and families. We promote opportunities for independence through services and supports while demonstrating accountability for taxpayer resources.
- Secretary Mackereth to Deliver Early Childhood Education Grants
- Luzerne County School District to Receive Early Childhood Education Grant
- Venango County Organization to Receive Early Childhood Education Grant
- Corbett Administration Official Receives Children's Environmental Health Community Award
- Department of Public Welfare Receives $5 Million Grant to Serve Youth and Young Adults with Mental Health Conditions