Welcome to the Department of Public Welfare
DPW’s Mission and Vision Statements
Our vision is to see Pennsylvanians living safe, healthy and independent lives.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania’s individuals and families. We promote opportunities for independence through services and supports while demonstrating accountability for taxpayer resources.
- Governor Corbett Declares Sept. 22 as Suicide Prevention Awareness Day- DPW Offers Suicide Prevention Training
- Department of Public Welfare Awards Nearly $1 Million to Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect
- Corbett Announces Historic Approval of New Healthy Pennsylvania Program
- Four State IT Projects Selected as Finalists for National Awards
- Two Welfare Fraud Offenders Receive Prison Sentences