Welcome to the Department of Public Welfare
DPW’s Mission and Vision Statements
Our vision is to see Pennsylvanians living safe, healthy and independent lives.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania’s individuals and families. We promote opportunities for independence through services and supports while demonstrating accountability for taxpayer resources.
- Department of Public Welfare Works to Ensure Continued Care for URS Clients
- Repeat Welfare Fraud Offenders Sentenced in Allegheny and Lancaster Counties
- Governor Corbett Signs Additional Child Protection Bills
- Pennsylvania Long-Term Care Commission Holds Regional Public Meetings
- Corbett Signs Additional Child Protection Bills to Fund Children's Advocacy Centers, Build Database for Electronic Reporting