Welcome to the Department of Public Welfare
DPW’s Mission and Vision Statements
Our vision is to see Pennsylvanians living safe, healthy and independent lives.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania’s individuals and families. We promote opportunities for independence through services and supports while demonstrating accountability for taxpayer resources.
- Governor Corbett Announces Elimination of Current Act 150 Waiting List
- Office of Inspector General Recovers $7.3 Million in Medical Assistance Long Term Care Funds
- Governor Corbett Signs Budget Continuing Investments in "Healthy PA"
- Annual Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network Conference Celebrates Second Chances
- Department of Public Welfare Urges People Not to Leave Children Unattended in Cars