Welcome to the Department of Public Welfare
Our mission is to promote, improve and sustain the quality of family life; break the cycle of dependency; promote respect for employees; protect and serve Pennsylvania's most vulnerable citizens; and manage our resources effectively.
Our website features information to help families and individuals find the resources they need to live healthier, happier lives; as well as offering providers valuable information to help them in their day to day activities providing care and services for Pennsylvanians.
- Departments of Public Welfare, State Ease Transition for New Behavior Specialist License Requirement
- Department of Public Welfare Releases Letter to Independent Fiscal Office
- Department of Public Welfare Recognizes Foster Care Month
- New Initiative Launched to Reduce Mental Health Stigma and Prejudice
- State Agencies Recognize 10 Pennsylvanians for Workforce Success