Welcome to the Department of Public Welfare
DPW’s Mission and Vision Statements
Our vision is to see Pennsylvanians living safe, healthy and independent lives.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania’s individuals and families. We promote opportunities for independence through services and supports while demonstrating accountability for taxpayer resources.
- Crawford County Couple Get Prison for Welfare Fraud
- Department of Public Welfare Launches Free Veterans' Behavioral Health Training
- Pennsylvania's Medicaid Reform Plan Clears First Hurdle
- Department of Public Welfare to Hold Public Hearing on Declining Patient Population at Clarks Summit State Hospital
- Pennsylvania Submits Healthy PA Waiver to US Department of Health & Human Services