Apply for Benefits
Welfare Fraud TipLine
View hot line data here
18,653 complaints received
3,664 Field Investigations
May 1, 2012 - April 30, 2013
Bureau of Certification Services
The Bureau of Certification Services is responsible for the regulation of all child care centers, group day care homes and family day care homes in Pennsylvania. All certification staff work out of three regional offices, with the exception of three headquarters staff who work out of Harrisburg.
The Certification Bureau receives inquiries regarding a variety of topics, including:
- The requirements and process for opening a child care facility.
- The statutes and regulations for operating a child care facility.
- The status and compliance history of specific facilities.
- The complaints regarding child care facilities.
The Bureau of Certification Services has created a new listserv email account. The Certification ListServ will allow the Bureau to relay important certification information to subscribers via email. We encourage anyone interested in receiving Certification information to sign up today!
To subscribe to the Certification ListServ follow the steps below:
- Click on this link or paste into your Web browser: http://listserv.dpw.state.pa.us/ocd-pa-child-care-certification.html.
- Click on "Join or Leave the list."
- Put in your name and email address.
- Choose your subscription type, mail header style and acknowledgements. Please note: these choices are defaulted to a standard protocol.
- Click "Join OCD-PA-CHILD-CARE-CERTIFICATION" button.
- The subscriber will receive a confirmation email in which you will have to follow the directions to confirm your subscription.