Apply for Benefits
Welfare Fraud TipLine
View hot line data here
17,798 complaints received
4,973 Field Investigations
November 1, 2013 - October 31, 2014
Bureau of Autism Services
Welcome to the Bureau of Autism Services
You can contact us by using the "Contact Us" form or calling 866-539-7689. Mailing address: Department of Public Welfare; Bureau of Autism Services; P.O. Box 2675; Harrisburg, PA 17105.
Please visit the Bureau of Autism Services Virtual Training and Resource Center for the most current resources and presentations.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Bureau of Autism Services (BAS) is to develop and manage services and supports to enhance the quality of life of Pennsylvanians living with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and to support their families and caregivers. The Bureau will carry out its mission through the creation and administration of adult service delivery models, the development of resources to support individuals with autism and their families across the lifespan and by collaborating with and providing technical assistance to other Department of Public Welfare (DPW) offices and government agencies.
- Support those living with autism throughout the lifespan
- Support those living with autism across the spectrum
- Support families of individuals living with autism
- Every person living with autism can have an improved quality of life given the right supports delivered by trained staff
- Increased independence and self-sufficiency of individuals living with autism
- Explore innovative, collaborative models of service delivery
- Professional and program accountability
The Bureau of Autism Services has identified long-term goals to help it carry out its mission.
- Improve the quality of life and increase the independence of Pennsylvanians living with autism
- Continue the development and refinement of the Bureau's evidence-based and outcome-driven programs
- Increase the size of the Adult Autism Waiver and Adult Community Autism Program (ACAP) in response to the exponential growth of adult Pennsylvanians with autism
- Support families and caregivers by providing information and resources
The Bureau of Autism Services has identified key objectives to help it carry out its mission and attain its goals.
- Establish standards for and increase the capacity of qualified providers of services through training and technical assistance
- Develop programmatic and policy changes to address critical issues identified by the statewide autism needs assessment
- Collaborate with other systems supporting children and adults with autism to better leverage scarce resources
- Increase the size of the Adult Autism Waiver and ACAP programs in response to the exponential growth of adult Pennsylvanians with autism
Topics Related to Bureau of Autism Services