Apply for Benefits
Welfare Fraud TipLine
View hot line data here
17,803 complaints received
5,003 Field Investigations
October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014
Office of Income Maintenance
The Office of Income Maintenance is responsible for the oversight of:
- The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families cash assistance program, also referred to as TANF;
- Medical Assistance, often referred to as Medicaid;
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as SNAP, which is the new name for the food stamp program;
- Home heating assistance, known formally as the LIHEAP program;
- Employment and training services, and;
- Child support
All of these programs are administered locally at county assistance offices found across Pennsylvania.
- Learn more about our work at Your Benefits Explained.
- We also work with several Advisory Committees to help improve our processes.
- Statistical reports are available for Medical Assistance, SNAP, TANF, CHIP, County Assistance profiles. View the reports.
- To subscribe to our mailing list and receive the reports as soon as they are available, click on the "View the reports" link above, click on “continue,” and then click on "Join or leave the list."
Please use the links below to find information about our individual bureaus.
Topics Related to Office of Income Maintenance