Apply for Benefits

Contact Us
Contact Us 1-800-692-7462
E-mail Us E-mail Us
Welfare Fraud TipLine

Welfare Fraud TipLine 1-800-932-0582

View hot line data here

  • 17,803 complaints received
  • 5,003 Field Investigations
  • $16,348,986 saved
  • October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014

    Substance Abuse Services

    There are a wide variety of substance and alcohol abuse services available to children and adults in Pennsylvania. Community substance abuse programs are administered through county program offices called Single County Authorities (SCAs.)

    The county SCA determines a person's eligibility for service funding, assesses the need for treatment or other services, and makes referrals to appropriate programs to match treatment and/or service needs.

    For county SCA locations and contact information visit: County Drug and Alcohol Agencies Near You

    Pennsylvania Department of Health Drug and Alcohol Facility Locator Page

    The Pennsylvania Network of Care is a web resource which provides information and tools, such as:

    • Information & service directories for every county in Pennsylvania
    • Research library
    • Free online trainings available in multiple languages, including American Sign Language
    • Local, state and national links to government resources and organizations that specialize in mental health
    • Bill tracking to follow current state and federal legislation
    • Social networking
    • Secure storage of personal folders including health information, reference materials, WRAP plans and Mental Health Advance Directives

    Payment for Drug and Alcohol Services

    The cost of these services will vary depending upon the type of service. Pennsylvania's Medical Assistance Program, either through a managed care organization or the traditional fee-for-service system, pays for many of these services for eligible individuals. People who use services, but are not on Medical Assistance and are without access to other insurance, will be assessed for their ability to pay for services by the county SCA. If you need further assistance you may be referred to your local County Assistance Office (CAO), or the local Social Security Administration (SSA) Office.

    Other Resources:

    PA Department of Health, Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Programs