Apply for Benefits
Welfare Fraud TipLine
View hot line data here
19,405 complaints received
4,431 Field Investigations
Dec 1, 2012 - Nov 30, 2013
Early Intervention Services
While all children grow and develop in unique ways, some children experience delays in their development. Children with developmental delays and disabilities benefit from The Pennsylvania Early Intervention program, a state supported network of parents, service practitioners, and others which builds upon the natural learning opportunities that occur within the daily routines of a child and their family.
- Provides support and services to families with children birth to age five, who have developmental delays and disabilities
- Supports services and resources for children that enhance daily opportunities for learning provided in settings where a child would be if he/she did not have a developmental delay and disability.
- Provides families’ independence and competencies.
- Respects families’ strengths, values and diversity.
Early Intervention supports and services are designed to meet the developmental needs of children with a disability as well as the needs of the family related to enhancing the child’s development in one or more of the following areas:
- Physical development, including vision and hearing
- Cognitive development
- Communication development
- Social or emotional development
- Adaptive development
Resources for Providers
Early Intervention Verification Tools
Other Related Links
Topics Related to Early Intervention Services