Apply for Benefits
Welfare Fraud TipLine
View hot line data here
18,653 complaints received
3,664 Field Investigations
May 1, 2012 - April 30, 2013
Additional Medicaid Waiver Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for either the OBRA Waiver, the Independence Waiver or the COMMCARE Waiver, individuals must:
- Possess income and resources within limits established in the Medicaid Waiver programs.
- Have a disability that is likely to continue indefinitely and results in three or more substantial functional limitations in major life activities.
- Be a citizen of the United States or immigrant lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
Additional requirements to participate in the OBRA Waiver:
- Must have an other related condition that occurred before the age of 22 and be age 18 or over.
- Cannot have mental retardation or a major mental disorder as a primary diagnosis.
- Requires services at the level of an intermediate care facility for persons with an other related condition (ICF-ORC).
Additional requirements to participate in the Independence Waiver:
- Must be age 18 and over with a physical disability.
- Cannot have mental retardation or a major mental disorder as a primary diagnosis or be ventilator dependent.
- Must be clinically eligible for a nursing facility.
Additional requirements to participate in the COMMCARE Waiver:
- Must be age 21 and over with a traumatic brain injury.
- Cannot be ventilator dependent.
- Requires a special rehabilitation facility (SRF) level of care.
An intake coordinator at the local enrollment agency can start the process and guide individuals throughout each step.