The OBRA Waiver is a Home and Community Based Waiver program that may help you if you have a developmental physical disability to allow you to live in the community and remain as independent as possible.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A resident of Pennsylvania.
- Age 18-59. Age 18-59 individuals who are currently in the waiver prior to 7/1/2006 will age in place. Individuals age 60 and older will be referred to the Aging Waiver.
- Have a severe developmental physical disability requiring an Intermediate Care Facility/Other Related Conditions (ICF/ORC) level of care.
- The disability must result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities:
- Self-care, communication, learning, mobility, self-direction and capacity for independent living.
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.
Other related conditions (ORCs) include physical, sensory, or neurological disabilities which manifested before age 22 and are likely to continue indefinitely.
Services available to you may include:
- Adult Daily Living
- Accessibility Adaptations, Equipment, Technology and Medical Supplies
- Community Integration
- Community Transition Services
- Home Health
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Personal Assistance Services
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Prevocational Services
- Residential Habilitation Services
- Service Coordination
- Structured Day Habilitation Services
- Supported Employment
- Therapeutic and Counseling Services
Long-Term Living Helpline
Toll free 1-866-286-3636
Office of Long-Term Living
Bureau of Individual Support