Welcome to the Department of Public Welfare
DPW’s Mission and Vision Statements
Our vision is to see Pennsylvanians living safe, healthy and independent lives.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania’s individuals and families. We promote opportunities for independence through services and supports while demonstrating accountability for taxpayer resources.
- Governor Corbett Signs Additional Child Protection Bills
- Pennsylvania Long-Term Care Commission Holds Regional Public Meetings
- Corbett Signs Additional Child Protection Bills to Fund Children's Advocacy Centers, Build Database for Electronic Reporting
- Governor Corbett Declares April 2 as Autism Awareness Day
- First Lady Susan Corbett Announces New Statewide Art Contest for Individuals with Disabilities in Partnership with The Arc of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts